CAPR is committed to facilitating career progression for postgraduate students, as a means of developing our team and building our research capacity.
We support a range of alcohol-related areas of study to foster the skills and experience of future leaders in the alcohol and other drugs research space. The CAPR team is dedicated to ensuring that students develop their skills and thrive in their research areas of interest.
CAPR’s primary academic affiliation is with the School of Population Health at the University of Melbourne. Through other research programs at Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre and scholarly collaborations, we also have links with Monash University and Deakin University.
In developing a career in alcohol policy research CAPR is committed to:
- celebrating all staff and student contributions to the research capacity of the team
- increasing its research capacity, productivity and excellence
- recruiting and retaining high quality researchers and students
- investing in and supporting researchers at all stages of their career.
One of CAPR’s goals is to foster the talents of the next generation of alcohol researchers.
In order to help fulfil this goal, we create an environment and culture conducive to productivity and creativity, and provide professional development opportunities for all our staff. Our team enjoys a number of benefits while working here including:
- a collaborative approach to alcohol research in a diverse range of areas
- access to world leaders in the alcohol and other drugs fields
- a flexible and friendly work environment, and ability to participate in a range of internal and external professional development opportunities
We welcome enquiries from Honours and Masters students interested in pursuing a research project relevant to us.